As a member of the Grand Canal Solutions customer team, you’ll play a critical role in delivering value to our customers, and help create solutions for our cloud-based applications, internal tools, and emerging platforms. You will work closely with our sales, product and design teams to ensure new features solve the challenges at hand. You’ll collaborate with a lot of smart, talented people, and have the opportunity to trail blaze projects on your own.
What you’ll do:
- Analytics: Data analysts work with large amounts of data: facts, figures, and number crunching. You will need to identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- Data Management: Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
- Communication: You will often be called to present your findings, or translate the data into an understandable document. You will need to write and speak clearly, easily communicating complex ideas.
- Critical Thinking: You must be able to look at numbers, trends, and data and come to new conclusions based on the findings.
- Attention to Detail: Data is precise. You have to make sure they are vigilant in their analysis to come to correct conclusions.
What we’re looking for:
- Prior working experience as a Data Analyst in either the freight, transportation or supply chain industries
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing large datasets (e.g. Excel, SPSS)
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Computer Science or Computer Applications / Information Managment
- Minimum 3 years of experience
If you fit most of these requirements and love working in a positive, collaborative environment, be sure to send us a portfolio demonstrating relevant experience. We can’t wait to meet you!
This is a full-time position working out of our Mumbai, India office.