As a member of the Grand Canal Solutions (GCS) product team, you’ll play a critical role in creating algorithms and solutions for our cloud-based applications, and emerging platforms. You will work closely with our product management, development, and design teams to build new features that solve customer challenges at hand, and predictive models for the future. You will collaborate with a lot of smart, talented people, and have the opportunity to trail blaze projects on your own.
What you’ll do:
- Mine supply chain and logistics data and conduct advanced deep data and statistical analysis to identify patterns, evaluate model performance etc.
- Convert customer requirements to actual solutions that can be applied in short cycles
- Understand business problems, translate them into quantitative models, and choose the best applicable statistical and analytical tools to drive a solution
- Build and utilize machine learning algorithms and models using Python packages (including scikit-learn, pandas, numpy etc..)
- Identify actionable insights, suggest recommendations, and influence the direction of the business by effectively communicating results to cross functional groups
- Actively contribute to the team meetings by providing insights as to how we should frame the problems we are trying to solve and which techniques we should use to solve them.
- Research latest advances in the big data landscape and build prototype systems using system building, programming, and scripting skills
What we’re looking for:
- MS/PhD in Computer Science/Statistics/Operations Research/Applied Mathematics with academic excellence or 5+ years of hands-on experience as a Data Scientist in a relevant vertical
- Minimum 3 years of proven practical hands-on experience in algorithms and features development and utilization
- Strong passion to data researching and processing with attention to details
- Theoretical knowledge and practical experience in machine learning (Logistic Regression, Random Forest, K-Means, decision trees etc.)
- Strong programming/development skills. Python experience is a strong advantage
- Passion for problem solving, developing creative solutions and continuous learning
- Good time management and grace under fire
- Ace communicator, with a positive attitude and proactive inclination
- Great team collaborator with respect for others, yet able to work independently
If you fit most of these requirements, and love working in a positive, collaborative environment, be sure to send us a portfolio demonstrating relevant experience. We can’t wait to meet you!
This is a full-time position working out of our Mumbai, India office.