As a member of the Grand Canal Solutions (GCS) product team, you’ll play a critical role in creating design solutions for our cloud-based applications, internal tools, and emerging platforms. You will work closely with our product management, development, and design teams to ensure new features solve the challenges at hand, while maintaining brand integrity and consistency. You’ll collaborate with a lot of smart, talented people, and have the opportunity to trail blaze projects on your own.
What you’ll do:
- Join our early-stage product team in the design and iteration of all GCS solutions and platform
- Partner with product management, development, and business teams to create new product and feature ideas
- Take a user-centered design approach, independently gathering data and feedback
- Contribute constructively to team brainstorms, group critiques and retrospectives
- Maintain a solid understanding of the GCS platform, brand, and user base
- Collaborate with and mentor other members of the product design team
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years experience in a relevant role
- Strong visual design skills and experience in interaction design and prototyping
- Experience with Sketch and Photoshop
- Experience in object oriented programming / functional programming
- Ability to architect reusable and modular code and adhere to modern design patterns
- Passion for solution-based design and no fear of analytics
- Good time management and grace under fire
- Ace communicator, with a positive attitude and proactive inclination
- Great team collaborator with respect for others, yet able to work independently
- Enthusiasm for new technologies and new media
If you fit most of these requirements, and love working in a positive, collaborative environment, be sure to send us a portfolio demonstrating relevant experience. We can’t wait to meet you!
This is a full-time position located in our San Jose, CA office.