As a member of the Grand Canal Solutions engineering team, you’ll play a critical role in designing and building analytics solutions for our cloud-based platform. You will work closely with our product management, development, and design teams to ensure new features solve the challenges efficiently and intuitively. You’ll collaborate with a lot of smart, talented people, and have the opportunity to trail blaze projects on your own.
What you’ll do:
- Write well-designed, efficient code
- Execute full life-cycle software development including creating technical specifications and software verification plan
- Contribute constructively to team brainstorms, group critiques and retrospectives
- Ensure on-time delivery of tested, quality code
- Collaborate with and mentor other members of the engineering team
What we’re looking for:
- Strong background in software engineering and design with an ability to architect reusable and modular code and adhere to modern design patterns
- Hands-on experience in designing Cloud-based solutions
- Experience with Relational Databases (MySQL) and Big Data solutions like Hadoop and RedShift
- Hands-on experience developing web applications using PHP, Perl and Python
- Experience with machine learning algorithms is a plus
- Excellent understanding of object oriented programming / functional programming
- Passion for solution-based design and no fear of analytics
- Ace communicator, with a positive attitude and proactive inclination
- Great team collaborator with respect for others, yet able to work independently
- Enthusiasm for new technologies and new media
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Engineering or Computer Science
If you fit most of these requirements and love working in a positive, collaborative environment, be sure to send us a portfolio demonstrating relevant experience. We can’t wait to meet you!
This is a full-time position working out of our San Jose, CA office.